Are you suffering from pain in your heel? Are you finding it hard to move on even a flat surface also? If yes, it might be an alarming situation that you may be suffering from the heel spur. Most of the time it is being misaddressed as joint pains. The situation becomes even more annoying when you find it quite difficult to move on. If you searching here how to get rid of it? here we are with the detailed information along with what is a heel spur, causes, symptoms and natural remedies.
What is Heel Spur?
It is a condition of pointed bony outgrowth of the bone of heel that usually arises due to the deposition of calcium salts over there. The condition is quite annoying as it leads to chronic local inflammation at the insertion of soft-tissue tendons or plantar fascia. It is a kind of bone spurs of heels and that is the reason it is known as a heel spur. It is located on the back or under the heel.
You can also check out:- Chilblains Home Remedies.
What are the causes?
When the calcium salts start depositing underside of the heel bone, it further leads to the situation of a heel spur. It takes a long time to causes the issue. Strains on foot muscles and ligaments repeated tearing of heel bone covering membrane and stretching of the plantar fascia are one of the most common issues of a Heel spur. The issue generally arises in athletes who perform a greater amount of activities like running and jumping.
What are the symptoms?
Heel spur symptoms are quite identifying and one can easily recognize the same just by studying the affected area. Some of the most common symptoms of heel spur are:
- Chronic pain in heels
- Inflammation in the affected area
- Swelling at the front of the heel
- Affected areas are also warm to touch
- The visible small bony protrusion
One thing that we would like to make here clear about heel spur is that not all the versions show symptoms here. Some of the time’s heels spur remains quite hidden for a longer time and get only recognized when being seen through X-rays.
What are the natural remedies?
If you don’t have enough time to go for a doctor or are willing to go for treatment at home, here are one of the leading remedies for you:
- Cold compress is one of the leading treatment natural remedies that include the treatment of cloth-covered ice pack treatment to your heels.
- Wearing on comfortable shoes and orthotics to remove the pressure also serve as a great home remedy.
- One can also choose for stretches option as the best home remedies for pain. You have to opt for the calf and surrounding muscles stretches here and that will further help in reducing the strain and pressure on the heel spur.
- Opting for the Epson salt bath is another home remedies that can help in the reduction of inflammation and swelling and can help you in relieving heel spur pain.