Inflammatory disorders are not just common but are quite painful and disgusting. Among them, it’s stasis dermatitis which is an inflammatory skin disorder occurring on the lower extremities. The one is the earliest cutaneous sequela of chronic venous insufficiency. To various problematic conditions, venous hypertension is the precursor-like venous leg ulceration and lipodermatosclerosis.
Stasis dermatitis is also called gravitational dermatitis or varicose eczema as well. This mostly occurs in people above age 50 years. So if you are searching for how to get rid of stasis dermatitis, then you have to follow some exclusive processes of venous stasis treatment or the stasis dermatitis treatment.
What happens in this?
Before knowing the treatment for stasis dermatitis, it is important to know how it occurs and what happens in this. This generally develops in people with conditions that cause poor blood circulation in legs. Something likes chronic venous insufficiency. The condition is when the valves of the vein in leg dysfunction. Further these results in the malfunctioning of the valves which leads to the flow of blood backwards and that pools into lower legs. This pooling of blood leads to increased pressure and swelling in the veins encourages symptoms of stasis dermatitis.
Conditions affecting blood flow
The conditions which would encourage stasis dermatitis treatment natural are the real reason for its cause. So here come some ways affecting blood flow.
- DVT, a condition that affects the lower leg.
- Varicose veins or enlarged and swollen veins.
- Injury in the lower leg.
- Any kind of surgery which affects the vein the lower leg.
- Congestive heart failure.
In the early condition of stasis dermatitis, the following symptoms generally arise.
- Irritated skin.
- Red, itchy or swollen skin which is particularly over varicose veins.
- The sensation of fullness or heaviness as well as aching after a long time of standing or walking.
- Swelling inside or one the lower leg and ankle at the end of the day or after standing for a long time.
With time passing by, the symptoms get worse and lead to serious conditions.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Heel Spur
Home Treatment For Dermatitis
For the treatment, you can try home remedies for stasis dermatitis. But above all, it’s important to ask the doctor how to treat stasis dermatitis. At the same time, it’s important to check out easy and effective home remedies for dermatitis.
- Wear compression stockings to promote circulation and relieve swelling.
- Sleep with legs elevated.
- Keep legs elevated for 15 minutes once every 2to 3 hours.
- Continue medication to get relief from pain and reduce swelling. These are like corticosteroids or topical calcineurin inhibitors.
- Use antihistamines for relief from itching.
- Use antibiotics and special dressings to treat the infected ulcers.
- Keep applying emollients as a moisturizer to protect the skin.
This can also be considered as a dermatitis treatment natural way.
Other than that, it’s the venous stasis treatment that is a bit difficult. You can wear compression stockings which will ease swelling to improve the blood flow.
Keep your feet elevated above the heart and do it for 15 minutes every 2 hours while you sleep. Other than that you don’t stand still for a long time. To overcome this you can take antihistamine pills or cream that would help if your legs are itchy.